First and foremost, it is best to know the terminology behind orthodontic treatment.
1. The square metal items on the teeth of any brace wearer are called brackets. Also, the brackets are interconnected with each other with the help of archwire. This is essential to give direction to and to provide movement to the teeth. Then are the small rubber bands which are wound around each and every tooth. These are called ligatures. These are meant primarily so that the archwire stays firmly in the place meant for it and does not shift away. Also there are the interarch rubber bands. These adjust the position of a person’s bite and jaw in the manner in which it should be done. It is this set of rubber bands which should be changed each and every day.
2. Bits of food tend to get stuck between the braces. This trapped food can easily result in conditions like plaque, which in turn, cause other dental issues. Hence, make it a point to brush your teeth after each and every meal if possible. Or else, at least rinse them well with mouthwash and floss at least once in a day. Otherwise, staining of your teeth can also happen along with several other dental maladies like premature gum diseases.
3. If proper care is not taken, it can even lead to an extension in the time required for you to wear your orthodontic bands and metal work. This is a situation which all of us wish to avoid. Make it a point to learn the exact trick of wearing the orthodontic bands. These should exactly fit around each and every tooth for them to be able to pull the jaw into the position in which it should be. Or else, their function may not be as it is meant to be.
4. Gummy or sticky foods tend to get stuck to the orthodontic bands and the metal work you have got done. Cleaning them as soon as your eating is over is an absolute must. Or else, it may lead to positioning of the metal work going all awry. In severe cases, if you really chew hard at a gummy substance, the metal braces may get so badly misplaced that the Genital Warts Remedies may have to be done again. Try to avoid eating such things. Even if you do go in for these, try to chew very lightly.
5. Make regular trips to the orthodontist for the tightening of screws and checking up on other essential details. This is very necessary for proper treatment to be done at all stages. Also, make it a point to visit the orthodontist for beginning the treatment on time when it should take place. If you go late, your jaw may have hardened to such a point that pulling it back may become difficult. This will lead to a longer duration of treatment and then too it may not be totally effective.